You are not alone, Stefan. This week, we have seen Antifa thugs try to shutdown the Dave Rubin & Maxime Bernier free speech event in Hamilton, Ontario, and massive purges on Twitter.
Stefan Molyneux speaks at the EU Parliament 31 Jan 2019.
▶️ Please Donate Now: http://www.freedomainradio.com/donate
- Tommy Robinson banned by Twitter and PayPal
- Laura Loomer banned by Twitter
- Republican consultant R.C. Maxwell banned by Twitter
- Carl Benjamin (“Sargon of Akkad”) banned by Patreon
- Robert Spencer banned by Patreon following pressure by credit card companies.
- Candace Owens suspended by Twitter
- James Woods suspended for 30 days by Twitter
- I, Hypocrite, focused on far-left hate speech banned by Facebook
- Avi Yemini, a Jewish-Australian IDF veteran and conservative activist was banned by Facebook
- Mohammed Tawhidi, an anti-extremist imam: banned by Facebook
- The Babylon Bee, a conservative humor site: threatened with suspension by Facebook
- Terrence K. Williams: suspended by Facebook
- Gavin McInnes: banned by Twitter and Facebook
- Alex Jones/Infowars: banned by Facebook, Twitter, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Pinterest, and YouTube
Over 800 alternative news accounts were banned by Facebook shortly before the US midterms
Tech companies have invested hundreds of millions in “news” media.
- Facebook and Apple, YouTube have all announced that they will directly fund handpicked “authoritative news sources.”
- These sources will then be promoted to their users without ads.
- Google, YouTube’s parent company, has committed a budget of $300 million to pay for “quality journalism.”
- YouTube has committed $25 million to paying for “news.”
- YouTube has also reported that it will “prominently surface authoritative sources” for users. (again, promotion with no ads)
- Jan 2018, Facebook code changes pushed “establishment” news sources to the top of engagement – CNN at the top.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s stated goal was to promote “high-quality news” that “helps build a sense of common ground.”
- The “trusted sources” ranking – any conservative outlets?
- Zuckerberg’s example of “good trustworthy journalism”: The New York Times.
- Facebook announced it would partner with 80 unnamed publications to create “exclusive news content” ahead of the 2018 US midterm elections.
- Facebook said it planned to directly fund news programming, such as shows from CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Mic.com.
- These outlets often parrot the “Russia Collusion” conspiracy.
- Fact: Google CEO Sundar Pichai told Congress that his company could only find $4,700 in ad spending from Russia-linked accounts in 2016, the Trump election year.
- National Review: “Private interests that closed deals with Vladimir Putin and his agents — thanks to then–secretary of state Hillary Clinton’s public favors — gave the Clinton Foundation between $152 million and $173 million.”
- 36,809 times the spending.
- Tech workers overwhelmingly support Democrats. In 2018, just over 1% of the $15 million sent to candidates went to Republicans. Where is the diversity?
- 23% went to Democrats – are tech people above bias?
- “Saudi money is already behind many of the biggest tech startups in the US, including Lyft, Uber and Magic Leap. Saudi Arabia’s massive $45 billion check to SoftBank’s Vision Fund, the largest venture fund of all time, means Saudi money will likely be part of the biggest pool of venture money for years to come. The Vision Fund has made at least 26 investments including into Slack, WeWork, GM Cruise, and other brand names.
- “Over the last five years, Quid estimates Saudi investors have directly participated in investment rounds totaling at least $6.2 billion.
In December 2018, world leaders gather to sign the UN Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration – a disaster for Western countries which virtually eliminates property rights and free speech, enshrining the right for everyone to enter Western countries and live off the taxpayer.
The Global Compact for Migration is the first-ever UN global agreement on a common approach to international migration in all its dimensions. The global compact is non-legally binding. It is grounded in values of state sovereignty, responsibility-sharing, non-discrimination, and human rights, and recognizes that a cooperative approach is needed to optimize the overall benefits of migration, while addressing its risks and challenges for individuals and communities in countries of origin, transit and destination.
The global compact comprises 23 objectives for better managing migration at local, national, regional and global levels. The compact:
aims to mitigate the adverse drivers and structural factors that hinder people from building and maintaining sustainable livelihoods in their countries of origin;
intends to reduce the risks and vulnerabilities migrants face at different stages of migration by respecting, protecting and fulfilling their human rights and providing them with care and assistance;
seeks to address the legitimate concerns of states and communities, while recognizing that societies are undergoing demographic, economic, social and environmental changes at different scales that may have implications for and result from migration;
strives to create conducive conditions that enable all migrants to enrich our societies through their human, economic and social capacities, and thus facilitate their contributions to sustainable development at the local, national, regional and global levels…
Stefan Molyneux deconstructs the recent New York Times hit piece on Dr. Jordan Peterson. Is it any wonder that the legacy media is going bankrupt?
Brittany Pettibone and Martin Sellner tell their misadventures with immigration officials in the United Kingdom to Stefan Molyneux. Martin was to deliver a speech on the subject of free speech and Brittany was to interview Tommy Robinson.
Ezra Levant is a journalist and the founder of TheRebel Media, Canada’s largest independent news network. He is the author of “Shakedown: How Our Government is Undermining Democracy in the Name of Human Rights” and “Trumping Trudeau: How Donald Trump will change Canada even if Justin Trudeau doesn’t know it yet.”