- Two weeks ago, I placed an order with Amazon, sold by a third party, fulfilled by Amazon.
- Amazon printed a shipping label and updated the order status to “On the way” even though Canada Post was never given a package.
- After ten days, the seller’s page still showed the package had not shipped
- Amazon doesn’t give the option to cancel the order
- Amazon claims they don’t know what happened since they are not responsible for inventory control, but will investigate.
- The seller claims there was a system crash on the day that Amazon received his inventory
- Amazon cancelled my order, instead of replacing it, and issued a refund, almost immediately
- The seller is upset with me because the order was cancelled, and I left a negative review
- I placed another order with a seller in Russia (again)
- So far, it is easier to get Amazon products from Russia (and England) that it is domestically.
- It appears there is no follow-up on whether or not shipping labels are actually attached to a package and given to a courier. This screams potential fraud.